Experienced Fresno Attorney Manages Real Estate Litigation
Determined representation that protects your property rights in California
Whether you own or rent, whether your interests are commercial or residential, your property rights are vitally important. At Gates Law Group, A Professional Corporation, we protect your real estate rights so you can enjoy your property and get the most out of your investment. For 39 years, we have handled a wide range of real estate disputes in the Fresno area and throughout California. We provide detailed advice and dedicated advocacy focused on positive results.
Skillful resolution of real property disputes in the Fresno area
Gates Law Group provides legal representation for a wide range of real estate issues, including:
- Boundary disputes — Property owners often make costly mistakes by relying on faulty surveys, inaccurate landmarks, or vague understandings of where their property ends and their neighbor’s begins. If a substantial improvement made to one parcel crosses the property line, how should the conflict be resolved? Depending on the facts, a court could rule any number of ways: ordering the encroaching owner to “tear the improvement down” or pay damages to the other owner, or enforcing the formerly agreed-upon boundary. We alert the court to all pertinent facts necessary to protect your rights.
- Easement rights — Egress and ingress are important aspects of any property’s value. Without easements, many businesses would not be able to move goods or invite customers onto their premises, and homeowners could be cut off from necessary amenities. However, the owner of a strip of land used as an easement also has rights. When a dispute over easement use arises, a party needs a skilled and experienced real estate attorney to find a solution.
- Landlord-tenant matters — Our firm assists commercial and residential landlords and tenants in various lease disputes. Whether you’re seeking to compel a landlord to make necessary repairs or enforce lease terms against problem tenants, we know the law and the often complex procedure to follow in landlord-tenant disputes. We also provide eviction representation for either side.
- Eminent domain and reverse condemnation — The Constitution of the United States guarantees protections for property owners against government takings. If the government has targeted your property for condemnation, we can challenge the purpose of the taking and fight for the full value of your property. If government action has negatively impacted the value of your property, we can pursue damages in an action for reverse condemnation.
- Zoning, land use, and permitting disputes — We represent business owners whose property rights are restricted due to conflicts with local, state and federal authorities. We provide representation at agency hearings and in state and federal court.
For these issues and many others, you can rely on our firm to provide knowledgeable counsel and determined representation from the beginning of your conflict to its favorable conclusion.
Contact an experienced Fresno lawyer for a free real estate consultation
Gates Law Group, A Professional Corporation handles litigation related to commercial and residential real estate disputes in the Fresno area and throughout California. Please call 559-432-9944 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Our firm’s main office is in Fresno, but we also assist clients from locations in Paso Robles and Visalia.